Learn More about Critical Race Theory in our Schools
Presented Via Zoom–No Charge
Highly Recommended for Potential School Board Candidates and Volunteers
Open to All Concerned Community Members
Taught by Elina Kaplan, who offers a unique perspective having started her education in the former Soviet Union and gained first-hand experience in Marxist training.
Oct 21, 7PM Advanced Critical Race Theory for Trustees and Candidates
- How activists are trying to get the CRT-based curricula into classrooms
- How amendments to AB-101 give us tools to counteract the above
- More detail on distinguishing Critical- versus Constructive- Race Theory-based curricula
- Examples of possible Education Codes being violated
- What trustees can do to push back on this movement
Elina Kaplan is President & Cofounder of the Alliance for Constructive Ethnic Studies (ACES), a non-partisan grassroots coalition working to remove political agendas from K-12 Ethnic Studies enabling curricula that inspire respect, fight racism, and foster balanced analysis.
Elina has managed various nonprofit organizations for over a decade, leading efforts in housing, social services, and cultural programs for various low income and community outreach services.
Prior to the nonprofit world, Elina worked in high-tech, notably leading the team at Oracle that created the first graphical user interface to a database.
Elina holds an MBA from Stanford University and B.S. degrees in Mathematics and Computer Science from Duke University.