Check Your Voter Registration

Beware!  Check Your Voter Registration Status!

Coming up is the California Primary Election in March 2024. Every four years there is a separate ballot that goes only to Registered Republicans for the Presidential Primary. On that ballot you vote for two things:

  1. A slate of delegates pledged to each of the candidates running for Republican nomination for President.
  2. Candidates running for the Santa Clara County Republican Central Committee who will represent your Supervisorial District.

You will ONLY receive this ballot if you are registered as a REPUBLICAN. If you are registered as NO PARTY PREFERENCE or DECLINE TO STATE or any other political party, you are not eligible to vote for these offices.

 Why bring this up now?

Many conservatives are registered as Decline to State or No Party Preference and assume that it makes no difference because they always vote for Republican candidates. If these voters want to cast a vote for Donald Trump in the primary, they must change their registration to REPUBLICAN

If you think you are a registered REPUBLICAN, and renewed your driver’s license in the past 4 years, you need to check your voter registration. A significant number of members of the Silicon Valley Association of Republican Women have found that they were NO LONGER REGISTERED AS REPUBLICANS! Some registrations had been changed to Decline to State and some to DEMOCRAT by the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles).

If you think you are registered to vote at your current address, it is worth verifying. We also had two people appear not be registered to vote because old addresses had been substituted for current addresses.

Ensure you will be able to vote for Trump in the March Primary Election

Check your voter registration status online by going to the Secretary of State’s website:

Enter your name, birth date, driver’s license number and the last 4 digits of your social security number and your voter registration record will display.

There is a link on the page where you can request to change your party affiliation. If you have any problems, call the Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters at 408-299-8683. Of course, if you live in a different county you will have to check with your county’s Registrar of Voters.